Friday, November 06, 2009

It was a week of pretty good food,
a couple of talks
and a mini outing.

Last Friday, I rode on the Singapore Flyer,
for the... 3RD time.
Can't believe I actually agreed to join some of my colleagues for this.
Since I have tried the Flyer, both during the day and night.
So there're not many reasons for me to go on it again.
Nonetheless, it's nice to spend time outside work with colleagues some time.

Last Saturday, I dined at the well-acclaimed Kushin-bo.
People kept praising it, for its good food.
But when I really tried it,
I didn't think it was really that fantastic.
Maybe it's just wasn't up to my expectation.

Last Sunday, I attended the first wedding since many donkey years.
(I was pretty excited actually lolz)
The bride was really beautiful, in her dazzling gowns,
and the groom was really handsome, in his smart suits.
Food was great too!
(at least better than some of those 5-star hotel's banquet food)
Sweet sweet evening. =)
And it was really nice of my senior colleagues to prepare a cake for the bride,
cos it's her birthday as well! =D

Just the Wednesday that had passed,
I attended Day 2 of the Business Excellence Global Conference,
on my colleague's behalf.
It was at Shangri-la Hotel.
The overall experience was quite a rewarding one.
This was the first time I witnessed a formal conference setting,
with several big-shots from the business world.
Representatives from companies like
ST Engineering
Harrington Institute, Inc
The Foundation for Malcolm Balridge National Quality Award
etc....

The theme was "Embracing Excellence, Learning from the Best".
Common messages emerged among the various talks.
For example: the need for good leadership,
the need to convey a common language throughout the organisation,
the benefits from benchmarking with the better ones.

And I met 2 familiar faces there as well.
First is my secondary school Vice Principal.
Though she doesn't know me personally,
she's glad to meet a fellow ex-Hildian. =)
Nice talking to her as well.

Second is the professor of one of my uni modules.
Though he couldn't recall my name,
he did subsequently remember my existence
and the project that my group had done for that module.

Just the Thursday that had passed,
I tagged along with my deputy director (DD) and senior colleague
to listen to my DD talk at ST Electronics.
That was followed by my Unit Head's sharing at NYJC.
Both their talks were of the same topic.
Effectively speaking, I listened twice to the same topic.

Really appreciate the exposure that my DD and unit head
have given me so far. =)

What about today?
It's Friday! TGIF
My work week ended rather quietly though,
cos my fellow colleague neighbours were not around.
One took half-day leave.
The 2 on my left and right workstations went for the inter-departmental bowling meet.
Actually I might have been the one who would be joining them for this,
but I turned it down (so sorry JY! he won't see this anyway haha)
The venue is really really far.....
Can't imagine myself travelling all the way back alone.

Hmm.. it's quite a long post today =)

Maybe this is one avenue which YOU might know what has been going on for me,
especially for the past few days..............

mngtalk ^___~ 8:28 PM

a link b/w you & me

Purple makes my colour.
Lily makes my flower.
Mango makes my fruit.
And piggies make my days go bright.


MNG Plans


MNG Talks



MNG Links

yunnie
Winine
Wendy
June
XY's blogshop

MNG Archives

December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010

Designed by yenskie