Friday, July 24, 2009
Of all the dramas,
I love HK shows the most.
I find the plots to be more appealing
and are able to engage viewers to keep on wanting to watch,
to find out what will happen next.
There is often a twist to every HK drama.
We always expect a twist,
but sometimes are unable to predict what kind of twist it will be.
Hence, the sense of suspension and anticipation is usually there.

I'm currently catching this 肥田喜事 on Channel U.
And during last night's dinner,
we came across hearing HT saying, "XLXT".
For a moment, we were trying to decipher what did XLXT stand for.
Hah.. a nice abbreviation to me..
XLXT = 心灵相通
That's the underlying theme for the whole show.
You'll keep on hearning the female lead, Fei Tian, saying
she's looking for a partner who can connect with her,
in other words, 心灵相通.
Come to think of it,
I do believe that XLXT exists,
but to ultimately find a person who can XLXT
is not quite convincing,
in a sense that a person can XLXT with not just one person
(like how Fei Tian apparently can XLXT with 3 guys),
however, it all boils down to which of the many XLXT persons you truly like,
and would like to be together with.
*****

I just completed Wars of the In-laws 2 !
It's a modern sequel to Part 1 ancient comedy drama which I didn't really watch.
Hah.. cos I'm not fond of ancient settings. Hehe
This Part 2 is indeed entertaining, funny, yet meaningful.
One thing I like about it was how the mother tries all means to protect her son,
though it appears to be a form of spoonfeeding,
but it's still a way of showing her motherly love.
And though the mother is seen as an unreasonable commander and leader,
she is still able to gain the respect and admiration
from her colleagues and family.
I definitely like the fact that she's so capable of thinking and planning,
such that there doesn't seem to be anything that can blow her off.
=)
****
My fave of the HK dramas is The Police Academy (part one) and On the first beat (part two).
There's a part three as well!
But sadly, due to some 'technical incompatibility',
I can't watch it online.
Mysoju doesn't have the complete version. =)
Nvm, good things need to wait.
I wonder how come Singapore doesn't have its own local version of trainee police story.
It might be refreshing to show how life in the police force/academy is like.
Maybe defence is a sensitive and confidential issue to touch on. =(
mngtalk ^___~
2:01 PM