Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Campus Superstar 2009 Review

Just watched the semi-finals today.
Congrats to the di-di of the competition, Jarod!

Was quite surprised that he achieved the highest score of the night (33.5).
I thought Aijia would win today's semi-finals.

Nonetheless, I'm one of those who was touched by his singing in today's episode,

especially with the version of the slow song he chose.

Two of my faves had to do the PK, competing over popularity!

And my utmost favourite managed to be one of the 3 to enter the finals.. and she is...


Jiamin!
Lolz... okay... sounds like I'm going crazy over this singing competition.. I'm not, okay?

Just like the voice quality and stage presence of some of the contestants this season.

Jiamin's soothing singing.
Jarod's young and touching voice.. cute too hehe
Aijia's stage presence and confidence. I think she would be the 3rd to enter the finals after next week's Final's Revival Round.

Hmm.. shall comment some things about this season's Campus Superstar..

Firstly, was quite puzzled and kinda dislike the way they eliminate 2 contestants each after the revival round. I feel that 2 is too many. 1 is fine.. like the previous season.

The 'ridiculous' thing was that they eliminated 2 each round, then have a Revival Round for a place in the Finals.. And poor Aijia.. she has to go through 2 revival rounds because of this...

Secondly, I'm sure some of the audience out there would be rather 'irritated' by the way they do the PK.. lolz..it's quite hilarious and at times, it would be a little 不耐烦 to hear the PK-ers sing the same verse of a song repeatedly till the result is revealed through a change of mic-voice ...

Thirdly, I noticed something about Joselin.. the 'Rocker'.. she always wears BLUE.. arhahha.. 有性格!

Last but not least, the first 2 that entered the finals, Jiamin & Jarod.. haha their ages are on both extreme ends.. the oldest (I assume, since Jiamin is the only one from JC?) and the youngest.. hehe..

Okie..shall look forward to the Finals!



Perfect Cut 2 Review


I'm one who didn't catch Part 1 but watched Part 2.
Like many of you have commented, it's quite a nice show.
Meaningful, I would say.
In most episodes, there would be one or two 'quotes' which would leave people to ponder on.

For instance, I only took note of the last episode,
Kelly's mum said something like, "Relationship is to be nurtured, not to be tested."
I always thought it was both,
however, perhaps the meaning she was trying to convey only applies to certain context.

To be tested: not deliberate but 'forced' by circumstances and from which, the r/s is tested.
To deliberately test the r/s might leave a strain and cause a widening gap between both parties, because... there is no trust.

Anyway, the last episode was really catered to feature the 'love triangle' between Alex, Kelly & Win.

I quite like the part of "没有Alex的第 XX 天...." =)

mngtalk ^___~ 12:23 AM

a link b/w you & me

Purple makes my colour.
Lily makes my flower.
Mango makes my fruit.
And piggies make my days go bright.


MNG Plans


MNG Talks



MNG Links

yunnie
Winine
Wendy
June
XY's blogshop

MNG Archives

December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010

Designed by yenskie