Monday, January 05, 2009

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

That's the theme of TODAY newspaper today,
in its special 'Reasons to be Happy' edition.
It says that amidst the gloominess and unpleasant events that have occurred,
be it the global economic recession, job bleakness,
disharmony in or between countries, etc,
there are things to be happy for,
and things that we should be contented with.

Retrenchments and job cuts everywhere --- but training opportunities are still plentiful.

Families separated, be it by war or oppression --- but 'Google' has a heart which helps seek to reunite loved ones around the world.

Tough time in Thailand --- but Thai motor policemen lift the mood with a red goofy grin painted on their white anti-pollution masks.

Had an unpleasant day? --- happy movies are there to save the day, e.g. Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, Evan Almighty.

The list goes on...

Maybe I should think of 'Reasons for me to be happy'

Fast food prices are rising.
Passed by Burger King yesterday,
Was kinda shocked, looking at the 'bombastic' price.
Didn't know BK's prices have gone up to even $7+ per set meal.
Reason to be happy? - received BK meal discount coupons in today's TODAY.
Hah

Transport fares have risen like nobody's business in recent couple of years.
Reason to be happy? - I still can enjoy the student concession pass for at least half year more.

Enough of prices rising.

===========
Social-wise...
Though many of us, including me, always complain of the lack of places to go in S'pore.
Reason to be happy? - at least I tried certain activities and been to certain places for the first time.
Like night cycling, cycling at Pulau Ubin; visited Marina Barrage, National Museum, Southern Ridge Parks, Bintan; and sat on S'pore Flyer.

Also glad to meet up with friends once in a while; rekindle the friendship;
and yesh.. through Facebook, found long-lost primary/sec friends.. =)
Still looking for my childhood friend..

==========
Daily lives...

My room tv spoilt.. but there's still a larger TV in the living room.
My laptop throws tantrum sometimes.. but at least it's still able to survive till now and hopefully till I graduate.
My house fridge spoilt.. and a new one replaced it.
My whole stack of good quality A4 papers was drenched, at least they can be used to print lecture notes.

When I'm bored, I have the internet to entertain me.
When I'm sad, I have my 3 little pinky pigs with me.
When I'm moody, I comfort myself with bubble tea.

==========

Last but not least,
it's a comfort to sometimes hear certain words,
talk to somebody,
be with somebody,
and to know that,

'When life gives you that person,
make 2 persons happy together.'

'When life gives you that thing,
make things work.'

============

Anyway, any idea why TODAY says
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."?
And not orange - make orangenade? etc?

mngtalk ^___~ 11:50 PM

a link b/w you & me

Purple makes my colour.
Lily makes my flower.
Mango makes my fruit.
And piggies make my days go bright.


MNG Plans


MNG Talks



MNG Links

yunnie
Winine
Wendy
June
XY's blogshop

MNG Archives

December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010

Designed by yenskie