Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Hallo! Let me just give an update of some snippets of past 2 weeks of my life.
21 November 08 (Friday)I finally met my best friend again.
We hadn't seen each other since god knows when, during the first half of this year.
And it's her birthday!
And.. finally got to spend her birthday with her on the actual day..
but... guilty as charged, I hadn't got her present ready!
I shall aim to make it perfect next year! =D
We went to try out the Shokudo Japanese Food Bazaar at Raffles City,
that Japanese restaurant which operates like the Marche.
I was quite amazed at the array of food,
though there weren't thousands of variety to choose from,
at least I had quite a few I would like to try,
unlike the original Marche, where I always had some difficulty selecting my dishes.
Well, perhaps it was my first time there,
hence, I was a little excited about what they offer there.
The food was okay in general.
The service was quite commendable,
the staff were always on the ball to clear any empty plates.
Price-wise, similar to Marche.
* din want to post any pictures here, pictures seem to always distort the alignment of my sentences (can check out my Facebook!)
22 - 26 NovemberMugging time.. for my exams on the 27th & 28th..
28 November 08 (Friday)Yippie!
At last, this arduous semester had officially ended! Kudos!
Now, I could relax in front of the tv,
without having to multi-task,
with books and notes while I watched the tv shows.
Got engrossed in the 'Little Nyonya'
29 November 08 (Saturday)Accompanied my mum to buy groceries in the morning.
Went to CC in the afternoon,
playing my games; reading book & magazines
while someone was studying.. =p
I borrowed this book titled 'Geisha, A Life'
by an ex-geisha, Iwasaki Mineko.
It is kind of an autobiography,
depicting her own life as a geisha,
from the time when she hadn't entered the geisha house,
to the time she took up aesthetic lessons,
and then became a maiko (apprentice geisha) and finally, a full-fledged one.
The story was quite interesting.
It was easier to understand after taking the module on
"Samurai, Geisha and Yakuza as self-other".
And it's because of this module that I borrowed this book.
I personally prefer geisha to samurai.. =)
30 November 08 (Sunday)A very lazy Sunday that I had spent.
Woke up when the sun had risen high up into the sky.
Played a little of the Treasure Hunt Game that Wendy had sent me.
Watched the repeat telecast of the Taiwan show, "Magician of Love"
Took a short nap after that (piggie me..)
Continued and finished my game after dinner.
Hah. I managed to complete all the 10+ stages in the game, in just 2 days
Hehe..
1 December 08 (Monday)Had a mini dinner gathering with the gals
at Paste de Waraku @ The Heeren.
It was Ladies' Night and 50% off total bill! Yahoo!
I ordered the Sukiyaki with spaghetti which Wendy recommended..
It was not bad on the first taste but I thought it was rather salty thereafter.
Hah.. I kept eating Jap food nowadays,
especially that Jap restaurants seem to have mushroomed to a very large extent this year.
Okay.. I shall 'abstain' from Jap food for the time being hoho
Managed to reach home by 11pm to catch the Amazing Race.
The last leg before the finale!
I was so sad that the mother-son team got eliminated.
They were quite suay in a sense.. lost their passports and money..
And.. the frat boys were in the top 3??!!??
Dotzz
Okie.. so much for the account of my past 2 weeks...
I shall end this with a happy news!
Read my nus email when I came online after watching tv..
and saw the feedback and grade for the project for one of my module,
that one module which frustrated me and practically the whole of my classmates,
that one module which caused my group to stay back every Friday during the sem until late at night; and came back almost every weekend;
I just got to say, "Well done, FatCat!"
Our efforts and time had truly paid off!
Looking forward to our gathering in 1 1/2 weeks' time. =D
You should look at the itinerary drafted out by one of my project mates..
Hahaa..
Okie..
for now,
planning for ktv session, night cycling,
more games and shows for the next few weeks of holidays.
Yay!
mngtalk ^___~
1:21 AM