Thursday, January 17, 2008

I feel like blogging today though no particular topics in mind.
So I thought of sharing on my first class for the Culture & Mgt in Asia module yesterday.
This module cost me 1691 programme account points.
It's the first time that I got a management module for such a high bid point.
Kinda regretted before that.
The class is enrolled by so many year 4 students (almost all),
and the assessment criteria comprises of only individual assignments & presentation.
All these make me somehow jittery and intimidated.
However, after attending yesterday's inaugural class of the module,
I guess I shall take back my words of regret.

For once, the module incorporates both the Arts (culture) and the Business (management) aspects.
We'll be learning about culture and its variables,
the impact of culture on management in different countries
as well as cultural knowledge and sensitivity.
Kinda interesting.
In addition, the professor's style of teaching doesn't include lectures,
maybe just once in a while listening to him talk about the theory
but not a lengthy portion of the session being devoted to lectures.

At first sight, when I stepped into the class and saw this rather-old looking professor,
the words 'dull' and 'stern' came into my mind.
But looks can be deceiving.
He can crack jokes and he can be quite 'action' in a sense. Hah..
Thus, bringing in some informality into the class.
Well, albeit the rigorous individual assignments and all,
the most important has to be the learning experience during the class.
It makes me want to put in extra effort in doing his work,
and not having this mindset that "I think I'll do badly for this cos I'm all well alone!"

yeah.. I took this module myself as well haha
so kinda feeling lonely at times
but thank god I'd made a couple of friends in class who are exchange students,
from Norway, Finland and Spain.
Hehe...

Putting that aside, I'm enjoying the 'luxury' of ending my school week today! Lolz..
yeah.. my week ends on Wednesday (hopefully for the whole semester).
And I think by blogging at this moment,
I'm trying to procrastinate on starting to do some work that would be due next week.
Hoho...
Nah.. I shall get started somehow.. I promise =p

Till then, have a nice week ahead!

mngtalk ^___~ 1:31 PM

a link b/w you & me

Purple makes my colour.
Lily makes my flower.
Mango makes my fruit.
And piggies make my days go bright.


MNG Plans


MNG Talks



MNG Links

yunnie
Winine
Wendy
June
XY's blogshop

MNG Archives

December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010

Designed by yenskie