Tuesday, December 25, 2007
First of all, wish everyone a Merry Christmas!! Though it's 8.15pm now on Christmas Day, it's still not too late to extend my seasonal greetings right? =D
Every place is so crowded nowadays, perhaps it's due to it being the festive period. People are venturing out to do Xmas shopping, checking out the End-of-year Seasonal Sales that seems to be everywhere, and dining out with friends and family. Once again, I was on the streets this year to check out the Xmas Lightings plying along Orchard Road all the way down to Dhoby Ghaut. I missed them last year. The colours of the lights take on dazzling shades of blue and white. I thought they look splendid although they are not anywhere significantly different from previous years'. Perhaps the colours suit my preference. =)
I had been heading out of the house these past three days. As for last week, all I could remember was the Xmas shopping that I had embarked on. Quite a great feeling to just pick up the items without much deliberation on the total amount I would be spending. But of course, I did keep track of the price of each item. Lolz
Saturday was a day out to Orchard, weaving in and out with the crowd in the major shopping centres and ending up in Seoul Garden for dinner! It had been a long long time since I went there to dine. Seoul Garden brought back memories of my best friend and I as I could recall briefly that we often patronised it way back during the secondary school days. Now, back to the restaurant once again, I was with another person. The only difference I could identified was the addition to the menu. They included more ready-cooked/prepared food items such as sushi and baos.. hah.. baos in a Korean-styled BBQ restaurant? Hmm.. * eyes rolling *
After a hearty meal, we wandered to the nearby Cineleisure to do some window shopping and to perhaps catch a movie... At around 10 plus on a Saturday night, most shows are nearly or already filled up, yeah with those front few rows left for the latecomers. We thus took a stroll down to Plaza Singapura. Likewise, we faced the same situation. A few movie booking machines caught our eyes. And guess what? In the end, we headed back home to Tampines to watch 'National Treasure' hah
I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed the next day. Arranged to go for ktv with some uni friends at TheTenDollar KTV outlet at Chinatown. It's really cheaper than the other ktv lounges and much to my amazement, the ktv room environment and sound system are not being compromised. It's better than I had expected. Hehe.. plus there's a bowl of shark's fin soup for each person hah..
Finally, Christmas Eve was here!! Quite looking forward to this day, especially after the past week of moodiness... This year, I spent Christmas Eve away from town, right in the hearts of East Coast Park, with 3 others. It's the first time I experienced camping outdoor with a tent. We first fiddled with the tent, pitching it strategically near the washroom and the central retail area. Less than half an hour later, two tents were deployed and we proudly shifted all our barang barangs inside. Thereafter, we rented bicycles and cycled all the way to East Coast Food Centre where we had our own sumptuous 'xmas' dinner made up of BBQ chicken wings, satays, stingray, satay bee hoon, etc.. I was really disappointed with the coconut drink I ordered. It seemed that the coconut given to me was a very young one.. thus there was barely any flesh and the drink itself was .. not sweet.. and didn't taste like a coconut drink. *bleah*
Counting down to Christmas, we got ready some sparkles which we positioned them on the ground. Hah.. but what sparkles I had brought from home.. they took soooo long to be lit up and fused off quite fast... *_*
Nonetheless, I guessed I had enjoyed myself this Christmas Eve. Different meaning, different experience. =)
What's next for New Year's Eve? Hehe
mngtalk ^___~
8:15 PM