Sunday, August 12, 2007

MNG Digest Issue 6
Week of 5 Aug 07 - 11 Aug 07
________________________


Tuesday 7 Aug 07

The NUSSU Flag Day is here once again.
When I was in first year, it was yellow.
When I was in second year, it was blue.
Now that I was in third year, it was pink,
the prettiest flag t-shirt so far. Lolz
But I didn't get to wear it,
Not that I wanted to cos that means I would have to flag. Hee

Seeing the Bizad Flaggers set off in small groups to their various flagging locations,
it somehow brought back memories from the past.
The first year I did this was the most tiring flag experience I ever had.
It was a non-stop affair with a lunch break and occassional short rests,
From the wee hours in the morning to the night.

The second year I did this was as a Ragger-flagger.
Couldn't escape hehe.
The third year, it was behind-the scenes.
Seeing how the whole flag thingy pieced up together.

Wednesday 8 Aug 07

Slept at home for more than 12 hours in total.
Woke up around noon just to check out the module bidding.
Actually it's quite redundant cos I'd placed 1000+ points for my bids. Hoho
I could have just slept through till the afternoon.
Anyway, I continued sleeping until 4 plus thereafter. =p

Thursday 9 Aug 07

It's National Day!!
The second year since the start of uni whereby I spent this day at rag site,
Though this year, me and company left earlier to our Kalta fren, Jen's 21st bdae.
Her bdae party was different as compared to the rest I'd attended,
in a way that the female guests received a stalk of roses each,
while the male guests had a small exquisite box of chocolates.
She had helium-filled balloons hovering in the air;
all self designed & self-made decorations;
'appetizers', 'main course' and 'desserts';
a slide presentation of her past 20 years of life journey so far;
the games section which was conducted just so smoothly;
I guess hers was the most peaceful and smooth-sailing 21st bdae party I'd attended to date,
unlike mine and some others which were noiser and more confusing to the hosts heee..
well, different parties had different spices to add up the atmosphere. =D

Caught the NDP @ Marina Bay on tv.
How I wish I was there.
To watch the performances on water; the fireworks..

Friday 10 Aug 07

This day last year,
Bizad Rag Comm 06 was busily running here and there,
trying to get the float done up in time,
assigning tasks to fellow Bizaders who had come down to lend their help.
This day this year,
though not in the committee, I could feel the anxiety,
especially when counting down to the hour that all works had to be stopped.
The rush was there.

Saturday 11 Aug 07

Rag & Flag Day 2007

Brought out of NUS, right into the heart of Singapore
At Padang!



Here we present the Bizad Main Float! - the Toy Village




Welcome to Ragxephon!



The Side Props:



The Presenters Posing for Prejudging:





The moment had come once again for the results
after months and days of painstaking effort put in by the Bizad Rag Comm 07,
with the help of others here and there.
We were all proud to clinch the Flag shields yet again - the Overall Flag Champion for the 18th year.

The rag shield winners were then announced.
The guys and gals in red were there, anticipating the results...
but one after another, disappointment was written on the faces of almost every Bizader present, as the rag shields were awarded to others.

Finally, the last shield for grab - the one shield that all faculties and clubs hope to get.
The one shield that remained hopeful for Bizad.
And yes,
Bizaders are Rag & Flag Champions again! =)

mngtalk ^___~ 4:11 PM

a link b/w you & me

Purple makes my colour.
Lily makes my flower.
Mango makes my fruit.
And piggies make my days go bright.


MNG Plans


MNG Talks



MNG Links

yunnie
Winine
Wendy
June
XY's blogshop

MNG Archives

December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010

Designed by yenskie