Sunday, January 07, 2007
A new semester commences tomorrow!! Arh.... the cycle beings once more. Kinda have mixed feelings about it.
On one hand, I'm anticipating it. You must say I'm crazy haha. Well, perhaps it has been too long since I've returned to school. So i missed school? Wahaha.. but i guess this anticipation will die down real soon, as soon as tomorrow kicks in with the first lecture of the semester. Lolz. I'm also quite looking forward to the things that will be put forth - a chance to see how things will work out and which path I will eventually take.
On the other hand, looking at the workload that will be tumbling onto me, I can only sighed. Not an easy sem but I guess I'll somehow breeze through it. Just pardon me if my mood changes whenever I feel the stress! =p
Will it be a boring sem? Haha.. my intuition tells me so. So far, if nothing goes wrong, it will be a 3-day week for me. Hence, this further decreases the frequency of interaction with my friends, with the exception of having to work together for projects. I'm sure we'll see one another less often since most of us have started on our major modules le. Hmm... seem like the MSN will be the power weapon to let us do some catching up once in a while yeah. =)
I'm quite glad that the last few days of my holiday were spent rather fruitfully. Haha. At least I could remember what I actually did, unlike previously when I couldn't recall because it's all slacking time.
Thursday - paid a visit to IKEA Tampines and Courts Megastore with a JC mate. Actually, seriously speaking, I don't really see a very big diff as compared with the IKEA west-branch. Well, we can't really expect much though. Anyway I didn't get anything from there that day. However, what made the day pleasant was the catch-up with my JC mate. Some stories were heard and told. Some pointers were exchanged between the both of us. It made the whole mini outing seem intriguing as we found out certain interesting things about each other. Don't worry my friend (if you've come across this), the circle of trust still holds! =p
Through the chat, I've gained the insight that every typical situation or incident is just happening everywhere, every second. It's the same old thing playing their joke on different persons. The common stuff that most people are going through at least in one stage of their lives. And, and, and... some times, it's pretty useful to seek opinions from friends of your opposite gender. Haha. To get both sides of views and feelings mah... make it fair right? Lolz That will also increase the understanding of 'How the mind works for the opposite gender'. =)
Friday - did some shopping. Meaningful shopping okay? Haha. Went back to IKEA & Courts - to help mummy get a new cordless phone for our home; to buy a document tray from IKEA and got it fixed up myself later in the night. Quite a small accomplishment to me, I must say. Arhaha... although it's considered an easy-to-fix apparatus.
After tuition, I returned to TM to source for my new pencil case. Pretty like the one I've bought though it cost me quite a bit. Shall treasure it! I always have the habit to change pencil case once every sem which is not a thrifty action. Haha. I've also got some stationery and rewarded myself at the end of the day with a Mac meal (er.. at 9plus? lolz). Then off I embarked on my journey home, with all the 大包小包 in my hands.
Saturday - finally got to work on tidying up my room. It has been rather messy so can't stand the sight. Now, it's much neater with the new document tray and stationery holder. Besides, this day was the day I'd noticed how large my jewellery/accessories collection was. To date, there are about 14 necklaces and 12 bracelets. Not forgetting the countless earrings. Haha... quite a hard time searching my house for the right size box to place them in. Okay so I told myself, "Xiaoli, enough of accessories-buying in the near future." =p
Initially, I thought I'd just slack at home after clearing up my room. In the end, I went to have a game of pool with a friend and dinner at Siam Kitchen. Haha.. that Thai restaurant seems to have nicer food than Thai Express. I ordered the wrong dish though. The pineapple rice wasn't authentic (though the restaurant's signboard wrote 'Authentic Thai cuisine') as it didn't come in the pineapple shell in the first place. Anyway, that tapioca in coconut milk really made me real full, so much so that I felt sleepy fast once I got home. Lolz. Lerk Thai is still the best!! =)
Okay... that's all for the chronicle of my last days of holiday. =) Today is just a gearing-up day for the new term!! Jia you to all!!
mngtalk ^___~
5:11 PM